Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: All Region D Softball

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member Margarette's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 31st, 2007
    Posts
    249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    All Region D Softball

    Congratulations to the Powell Valley Lady Vikings that made All Region D 1st team this year!!!!

    Marie Chandler - All Region D Pitcher of the Year! 1st team All Region D pitcher.

    Hannah Light - (Coeburn) 1st team pitcher

    Lannie Johnston -(Virginia High) 1st team pitcher

    Fallon Thomas - (Virginia High) 1st team catcher

    Cassie Sturgill - 1st team catcher

    Kaylla Holdway - 1st team infielder

    Chabrae Roark - Honorable Mention

    J.I.

    Burton's April Hamilton made 1st team infielder too! Congrats April!

    Chelsea Forney - 1st team outfielder

    This isn't the full list of player's that made the team, but it is the one's I can remember made it from this area. It was in the Kingsport times today.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: All Region D Softball

    That list is a mockery to those on there that deserve it. Whats the point of having four catchers on first team? Pathetic.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  3. #3
    Inactive Member rookie83's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 25th, 2007
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: All Region D Softball

    Who were the other catchers .. aint there supposed to be only 2?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: All Region D Softball

    Why wouldnt there just be one since it is all region? 2 were from the CMD, 1 from the LPD and 1 from the CD if I am not mistaken. I cannot remember their names.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  5. #5
    Inactive Member rookie83's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 25th, 2007
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: All Region D Softball

    i agree on that but i don't think they did it that way last year did they?

  6. #6
    Inactive Member beamer_ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    2,840
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: All Region D Softball

    Pitcher of the Year:Marie Chandler, Powell Valley

    Player of the Year:Fallon Thomas, Virginia High

    Coaching Staff of the Year: Virginia High


    First Team

    Pitchers -
    Marie Chandler, Powell Valley
    Hannah Light, Coeburn
    Lannie Johnston, Virginia High

    Catchers -
    Fallon Thomas, Virginia High
    Cassie Sturgill, Powell Valley
    Allie Smith, Lebanon
    Courtney Compton, Castlewood

    Infielders -
    Kaylla Holdway, Powell Valley
    Aubree Hutt, Virginia High
    Kesha Perrigan, Castlewood
    Brooke Stidham, Pound
    Jaydee Brewer, J.J. Kelly
    Emily Biggs, John Battle
    April Hamilton, J.I. Burton

    Outfielders -
    Samantha Brummette, J.J. Kelly
    Chelsea Forney, J.I. Burton
    Lauryn Denton, Virginia High


    Second Team

    Pitchers -
    Lakin Maxfield, Honaker
    Courtney Lell, Twin Springs

    Catchers -
    Catherine Nixon, Coeburn
    Taneisha Wallen, Twin Springs
    Samantha Garrett, Honaker
    Lauren Howard, Appalachia

    Infielders -
    Tabby Hart, Honaker
    Tamara Campbell, Twin Springs
    Chelsea Cluesman, Lee High

    Outfielders -
    Leigha Statzer, Castlewood
    Katie Smith, Lebanon
    Lakrisha Issac, Pound
    Chelsey Brock, Lee High

    Honorable Mention
    Council: Haley Arrington, Kylee Austin, Kara Fuller,Stephanie Cornett
    Gate City: Alyssa Clark
    Haysi: Sydney Sutherland, Kirsten Sutherland, Candace Sutherland, Sarah Stiltner
    Honaker: Lindsey Newberry, Tiffany Miller
    J.J. Kelly: Kalen Collins, Kaely Mullins
    Lebanon: Rachel Cook, Jessica Tate
    Powell Valley: Chabrae Roark
    St. Paul: Lindsey Dickenson, Amanda Bradley
    Thomas Walker: Jess Burke
    Twin Springs: Tanya Elliot, Dakota McCoy
    Virginia High: Cassie Campbell

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Margarette's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 31st, 2007
    Posts
    249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: All Region D Softball

    Well I know that most of the girls on there deserve it. I know for a fact the pitcher of the year is correct. Marie had an 11-0 season and a 0.70 ERA. She also posted a .433 batting average.

    [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: All Region D Softball

    Im not knocking the players, its not their fault. Its the coaches and this whole, we don't want to hurt anyones feelings approach. When should there ever be 4 first team catchers? Only one should advance per district, much less landing 2 on the all region team. There's no doubt about the players of the year, I just don't like the multiples at other positions. Pick a 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, C, 3 pitchers maybe and 3 OF, a DH and a UT and move the rest to 2nd team and HM.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Margarette's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 31st, 2007
    Posts
    249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: All Region D Softball

    Yes and I agree with that point. I don't know why they named so many catchers. There is really no point to it.

    [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: All Region D Softball

    8 catchers?

    I could make some comments, but I shall refrain. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif[/img]
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •